Try our tasty chickpea & artichoke sandwich, this sandwich recipe is quick to make, vegan and taste amazing.
Smashed Chickpea and Artichoke Sandwich Recipe
- Chopping Board
- Toaster or Oven
- ½ can Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice approx. ¼ lemon
- ½ Sweet white onion or red onion
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Slices of bread
- 100 grams Artichoke hearts in oil or brine quartered
- 1 Tomato sliced
- Mixed lettuce
- Add chickpeas into a bowl, along with onions, garlic powder, lemon juice and oil. Gently mash everything together with a fork until chunky. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly toast your bread slices in a toaster or oven.
- Once the bread is done, spread some smashed chickpea mixture on one slice. Add sliced tomato, artichokes, and lettuce. Close the sandwich, cut it in half and enjoy!